Absolutely zero people have requested another People’s Roast Vote so I have taken that as instruction that you want me to get on and hold another People’s Roast Vote.
Yes, it is a second vote on the same thing – who’d have thought that possible? Albeit I did actually enact the last vote with a trip to The Alexandra in Wimbledon – a likely winner from the off with their strong social media presence, and a very good roast dinner it was too.
The first step is that I need your recommendations. Please leave a comment on this post with where you would like me to go for a roast dinner one Sunday.
The second step is a series of votes. Last time I held 4 semi finals, and a final – the voting will be on Twitter where I am actually allowed 4 options in a poll.
The final step will be my visit and my review – this will be on a Sunday of my choice in the month or two after. Don’t expect it straight away.
Rules? Of course there are a few rules.
- Only one nomination per person. Nominate more than one and I will choose which one to add.
- Nominations must be added to the comments section on this page only.
- I will ignore any suggestions that are preposterous/outside of London/too expensive/Wetherspoons/anywhere I’m saving for a special occasion like Blacklock.
- They must actually sell roast dinners. Yes someone nominated a place last time that didn’t.
- I must not have been there already. Check my league table if you are unsure.
Get your thinking caps on – where would you most like to see me review?
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions – I was a bit worried at first that nobody was interested, but I’ve scraped 8 together which is the perfect number for two semi-finals and a final.
Assuming I remember, the semi finals will be on Friday and Saturday, with the final on Sunday.
Keep an eye on Twitter to vote!
- Madame Pigg, Dalston
- The Candlemaker, Battersea
- The Red Lion & Sun, Highgate
- Cow & Pig, Bromley
- Hand In Hand, Wimbledon Common
- Cork & Bottle, Leicester Square
- Rosemary Branch, Regents Canal
- Black Prince, Kennington
The top two will go through to the final. In the event of a draw, I will toss a coin to decide the winner.
I know which one I want to win. But it is your choice. You decide my destiny.